Friday, May 16, 2014

Years later, I'm back!


Welcome back blog!

It's been a few years and many changes later.

With all my inflammatory issues, removing gluten has made my life substantially better. I feel more stable and my symptoms have nearly disappeared.

I've moved, started a new career, and tried a multitude of new foods. I've added dairy back into my diet. I'm still gluten free although I'm tempted occasionally by glutenous items. My willpower is strongest right after attempting to consume gluten again and having a reminder minutes after of why I abstain from it.


I went to Bar Harbor Maine to try Lobster for the first time:
 

Lobster just isn't for me. Even soaked in mustard it was hard to choke down.


I've started cooking much more with Pintrest inspired recipes:
JalapeƱo Cheddar Cornbread Muffins

So good!
Muffin recipes with KA GF All purpose Flour are my bread and butter!

I've tried cauliflower pizza (which is ok but it still tastes of cauliflower sorry):


Gluten Free Cauliflower pizza



Pintrest opens a whole new world to recipes because they are  tried by multiple people so you truly get the best of the best! Substitutions are easy with proper products. It took me years to perfect it but once you do healthy food doesn't have to be so difficult.

King Arthur All-Purpose Flour is truly a life saver.
It works so well in waffles/pancakes. It works perfectly as as substitute for almost all GF recipes.









Soups are easy.  Scones are easy. I would've never said that even a year ago today.
Veggie Bacon Soup
Blueberry Scones
Special events become more fun because you can celebrate them accordingly. For example: Dexter is/was one of my favorite TV shows. Dexter made it pretty easy because he has a gluten free breakfast. I celebrated by imitating his breakfast.
Dexter Breakfast



GF Cheesecake!
I've even used gluten free graham crackers (which are available I'm most grocery stores now) to make cheesecake!


I've been fairly successful in my ventures! If you're interested in any recipes, let me know and I'll happily supply them.

Due to the popularity of the GF diet, shopping has become much easier than even just a few years ago.  I do find it amusing that people are jumping on the GF train by choice because they think it will help them lose weight. This is not always the case. 

Below is a link to Jimmy Kimmel live where he asked people about their GF diet. 
GF Jimmy Kimmel Live. I find this funny but also sad. If you don't know what gluten is or why you want to go gluten free, don't do it. Gluten products contain a lot of nutrients that your body needs. Unless you are sensitive you may not need to cut out gluten completely. 

I'm feeling confident in my new-found skills and I cant wait to share more! 



No comments:

Post a Comment