Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dear King Authur

Dear King Authur,

   They look like cookies, they smell mostly the way I remember cookies smelling, and they taste like sugar and beans. Certainly not the high fat treat I was hoping for. This might be due to the fact that I had to make a few manipulations replacing butter with the olive oil "butter" and also switching out the egg for a flaxseed/water mixture. Mostly I think its because you Sir King have discluded the top 8 highest ranked food allergens. Bravo for that. I will warn a fellow food hunters however that not all of your products are this friendly.

The fact that I haven't consumed a real cookie in 2 years makes it hard to remember exactly what I used to like so much about cookies. I cant fully remember how they taste. I'm sure  however that this mixture isn't palatable to most people. For me, it's merely alright. It will due for my purpose but if this is how "sweets" are going to be, I much rather prefer a grapefruit.  That cant be a normal thought.

It might just be the fact that I'm looking for something baked that feels hardy.
Do you have a tasty anwser for that King?  I feel as though if I am going to eat those calories they will at least have to be desireable. You'll have to do better than this.

Perhaps your basic recipe will help guide me in making my own version which real people will be able to eat. Without the gagging or the unfortunate aftertaste. (Update 2014- Yes the KA all purpose GF Flour is perfect for all baking purposes. I'm hooked)

I'm going to have to get good at food manipulations. 
Comfort food weekend approches.
Good day to you King!
-Signed- A loyal customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment