Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Bakery


Millet and Flax Breads
Bread without Gluten, Yeast, Wheat, Eggs, or Milk-  Not impossible!!!  A wonderful surprise. I found it mostly by mistake. Google is an amazing tool. Check out everything available @
 http://www.samisbakery.com/
Sami's is dedicated to low carb and allergy friendly delicacies. Only drawback is the location is in Florida which means shipping is a must.


When I first went in search of Gluten free bread, I was reccomended the kind in the freezer that they have at shaws and the co-op.  That bread was dry and it falls apart so easily. It could really turn someone off to a gluten free lifestyle.


If you dont have other allegies, there is a semi local bakery that has tasty products that are gluten free. I believe it's out of Plymouth NH called Berry Delicious Bakery. Check them out at http://berrydeliciousbakery.com/




I was excited to try my newly purchased breads and other products. Cinnamon Toast was first on the list!  Just (fake butter) up some bread throw it in the toaster oven and put a 50/50 mixture of sugar and cinnamon on. Yum!
 
I got a little excited when ordering the products that I forgot that I cant have cheese. I've heard of pizza with no sause... but no cheese? Worth a try. I put down my sause, tossed some onions on, and COVERED it in pepperoni. Not bad.  Nothing like pizza, but still worth the shot.

All of these new bread products do set heavy on a tummy that hasn't had this kind of stuff in a long time. Lighter dinner meal.

Dinner was chicken, butternut squash/quinoa mix, and broccoli.
Broccoli is packed with nutrients such as calcium and folate -- but broccoli is also rich in fiber and disease-fighting antioxidants. Since it contains plenty of vitamin C, this popular green vegetable will help your body absorb iron when it's eaten with an iron-rich food.

I cant forget that its not just binge eating replacement items, its also about keeping a well balanced diet that provides me with all my nutrients.

If you don't get all your nutrients and vitamins then cravings will still occur and food will be less satisfying.

The food is a little better everyday and I'm feeling amazingly better. Better unless I'm craving something, in that case i'm a monster. It's been less than a month but I am still very hopeful about the outcome of these food cuts.

1 comment: