Sunday, March 20, 2011

Boiling Brownines

Brownies were an epic fail. I'm not really shocked by any means. I did replace butter with the fake butter... and eggs... well there were too many eggs to replace nicely. I decided to try the flax/water/oil mixture that works so well for other things. Unfortunatly I still need a rising agent of some sort. The brownies boiled and made a huge mess of my pan.   :(

I feel the urge to bake and I need to make cupcakes. A co-worker's birthday celebration is tomorrow and she also can't have gluten or milk. Cupcakes will be perfect.  If I can just get them to come out right

Due to the fact that my favorite gluten free cake mix is made with potato starch I decided to try a new brand. It's called 123..gluten free.  Free of the top most common allergens and also it allows you to add the kind of sugar you'd like. One major problem. 4 eggs.   One of my common viewers had sent me a link to a website that helps you replace eggs. Time to try it


This has a few new options to try.  I went for the applesause/banana mix. The consistancy allows the batter to stay moist. Only problem is that it's a little heavy. I put in a little baking soda & baking powder. 
BAM!  It worked.  They look a little strange but it's nothing that frosting cant fix.   I have to admit they didn't taste revolting.  I am pretty impressed.
Beautiful!!! These will go great with the baby back rib dinner.  I'm hungry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment