Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cravings Call

I took a field trip to a healthfood store not too far away. They had a lovely gluten free isle, however with all the insight of making healthier food, some still contain certain allergens that I cannot eat. To be expected.

I hunted, read labels, and compared items for over an hour. I felt like I was finding lots of food that I could enjoy. I spent just under $100. Preposterous! All I actually purchased at the end of the day was different kinds of flour and butter. (both "fake")    



This did not make a meal. It made treats. Treats that  I don't actually desire currently.  I want meals. I did make brownies with one of the boxed items though. They tasted a bit like dirt :(  but they smelled magical.

Recently I know I haven't been eating enough of something.  I haven't been able to put my finger on the nutrient I'm missing. I cant seem to tame this insatiable desire for hot dogs. That is NOT normal considering I rarely enjoy a hot dog. I ate 4 of them in one day. ICK.

To help aid this feeling i've put myself on a new multi-vitamin, and I've cracked open some cookbooks. What a lovely starting point. Tons of recipes in one place that I can adjust and play with. I'd forgot about how useful those could be.  Remake number one was a chicken bake. I changed it up a little. I just used herbed oil over chicken and dumped a cup of water in the bottom of some rice and veggies. 40 mins in the over at 350F and done. No work to be done at all. My roommate even ate it and liked it a lot!  That in itself says something.

Remake number two happened to be a soup I saw at our local coop that I wanted to make. Italian Veggie soup. It contains all sorts of very healthy-hearty vegetables. Yummy too!

In health news.  I've been feeling great. No bloating. No headaches No fatigue for quite some time now. I'm at a healthy weight.
An occasional craving occurs when I am missing key parts of my diet -but- that has been dying down with my influx of fresh veggies, vitamins, and lean meats.

It's crazy how much food can change you- or just the way you feel. Either way- huge plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment