Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pyramid Observations

Traditional Food Pyramid (that isn't all that healthy)
 Now I have a hard time believing that with all the kinds of food allergies that are becoming more common, that this pyramid promotes a healthy lifestyle.

I find the milk section alone is a bit alarming.

Cow milk is most common and it's full on nutrients to support a baby cow, not a human. Milk feeding is not intended to exceed more that the first year of life. This first year when you need lipids, healthy bacteria, white bloodcells, ext- from the mothers milk. How can it be healthy to continue this? So very strange how society has let this become acceptable. (Note: I'm not anti-milk- just questioning the norms)




My Pyramid


I've made some adjustments based of my particular situation. The cow is just representing meat. Not what you call traditional by any means. Getting the proper nutrients can still be achieved with different foods. This is another reason why I believe the original is so flawed.

You can still have a balanced diet when you exclude allergens.









Now I've also included an example of what my pervious roommates food pyramid looks like. Just for comic relief.


Fried and breaded food. Candy. Cake. Beer. Meat.
Ohh ohh oh   Sooo Manlike.  That will catch up with him.

He's trying to eat some of my foods but he mostly doesnt' based on the pure fact that its still "Diet Food." Rubbish. I don't like diets either... but its different because if I cheat (as for-mentioned in the previous post) I pay with extreme stomach upset, not just a guilty conscious.


Dinner tonight (which he didn't try) was porkchop in a brown sugar pineapple sause, green beans, and squashfries.

Ps- Squashfries- need improvement. It was so very stringy and strange.

All and all- 2 veggies- 1 meat - a fruit slice- and a little from the sweets.  Covers my bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment