Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cheating

I cheated- and -I had immediate regret. 

I went out to dinner at a small place and they didn't have much for sides.  I figured, how bad could a few french fries be? Apparently when you're allergic and newly detoxed to potatoes... pretty bad. Now here's my reasoning behind WHY I would do such a thing. 

I love potatoes. I've been eating them my whole life. I stopped eating them in early Feb. I had a small bit of KFC mash potatoes a few weeks later and that didn't go poorly. In fact- not bad at all. I thought... well if that didn't end catastrophically, then why would a few fries be any worse?!?!

Well maybe its because KFC only has fake dehydrated modified potato mush.  Maybe its because I really only had a taste of the fake stuff and big handful of real fries.  Either way- It took all of 15 mins before I was on my way home in the car with immense stomach pain. I made a pact with myself that night- No more cheating.


Cooking inhouse trying strange things: take 17.
An American take on spring rolls. I'll give it a shot. It's really just a sandwich in a thin rice roll.

Spring rolls come in a package of about 100. This is convenient.

Step one: Have contents ready to go. My first trials contain lettuce mix, alfalfa, radish sprouts, turkey, mustard, and carrot.

Step two: dip rolls in hot water for  a second and pull them out (they will instantly go soft). 

Step three: Stuff roll and fold onto itself to stick.

Done.

Not bad either.  Mix and match the contents based of what you like. Great variety idea to mix it up.
This is an item that I intend on perfecting. Very neat.


I like popcorn but cant have the butter. No problem! As long as you like sweet with the salt- Kettle corn is you're best bet.


Another thing I wanted to try was icecream.. Icecream no milk. They make Coconut Milk Icecream. I must warn you that it's incredibly sweet. It is better than Soycicles that's for sure. Small doses.


That's all for my current updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment