Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Taco Tuesday


Alburritos in Littleton NH.
Tonight we dared to try the locally famous Taco Tuesday.
                                  $1 a taco.
Due to the price and the size of the location it seems to be bursting with patrons on Tuesdays. Alburitos in Littleton NH makes a lot of their food right on the spot so it's fresh, with the tradeoff of it taking a little longer to recieve your food. You can request corn tortillas and chips instead of soft shells and pitas. They are made in the same hot oil so if  you're highly allergic this is not such good news.


Salsa/Chilli and Chips App


We had a starter of salsa, chilli, and chips. Amazing!


With our group of 4, our waitress offered us a 16 taco platter. 8 soft shell, 8 hard shell (3 no cheese just for me). It comes with chopped lettuce, tomotoes, and onion that go right up the middle. If you like sour cream or guacamoli its extra. Not a bad price I must say.


With that being said- the idea of a taco was sort of a miss here for this particular trip.

Half eaten platter
The filling of the handmade shell was just beef.  It lacked any taco seasoning and flavor but not oil.  Ehhh... I've had better. The only reason why I think it's as popular as it's become is due to the cost. It costs a total of $25.06 at a little over $6 a person. I would prefer to make my own tacos at home. I'm seeing a general trend here with food. Eating out just isn't as satisfying as it used to be. To top it all off my stomach hurts from this. I'm sure the tanted shells aren't a big help.  We shall see how the night goes. Hopefully no wild taco dreams.
Since March is National Nutrition month I'm going to try to cook and eat in for the remainder of the month. That's easy. It's almost been a month of this new diet and it's been amazing. Tomorrow's a new day.




No comments:

Post a Comment